vocalist, female bass player, composer ]
Sandra Coutinho - born in São Paulo - part of 80’s Rock movement in Brazil.
Sandra Coutinho was the vocalist, bass player and composer of
the female avantgarde rock / post-punk band AS MERCENARIAS. Armed with
bass, percussions and weird electronic samples, Sandra´s
One Woman Show is a further surprise in the large variety of new Brazilian
sounds. 1988 she was elected as the best Brazilian bass player
of the year [ Revista Bizz ].
- 1983 - 1988 – bassist and leader of the female band “AS MERCENÁRIAS”.
- 1984 - 1987 – bass player of the Cult-band Smack.
- 1988 - award – best bass player of the year from Bizz magazine critics.
- 1989 - bass player and singer of the female band “Akt”
- 1999 - solo project – "one-woman-show" in Germany
- 1999 - composer, singer, bass-player of the Brazilian band “Xotas Mortais”.
- 1999 - 2000 – Ministry of Brazilian Culture scholarship holder – Scholarship “Virtuosi” for electronic music.
- Compositions for dance-teather and sounds for expositions.
with Peter Price (Wire/London).
Sandra Coutinho was the bass player of THE BLECH in 1991.
As Mercenárias - at myspace.com
Sandra Coutinho - at myspace.com